Everything you need to know in order to play real money online poker in the Canada – on regulated and international poker sites & poker apps – including some which accept Bitcoin & other crypto-currency
Poker players in Canada can choose from some of the best online poker sites – to enjoy poker games like Texas Hold’em and PLO online for real money. We list some of the best poker sites in the USA:
International / “Offshore” Real-Money Poker Sites Which accept Canadian customers
There are a number of established & well trusted online poker sites which have been servicing Canadian online poker market – offering real-money poker cash-games, satellites and tournaments online.
- Bodog (a sister site of US friendly poker site Bovada)- is available in Canada and Australia only.
- BetOnline – offers 24/7 cash-games, a comprehensive MTT schedule, crypto-friendly. Good VIP program & regular poker freerolls.
- Ignition Casino (operated by Bovada) has a dedicated U.S-facing poker room – featuring cash-games, a comprehensive tournament schedule which includes a weekly $200k guaranteed “Sunday Major” poker tournament, and freerolls – as well as a popular online casino.
Legal Canadian Online Poker Sites & Apps
The essential online poker site of 2022, featuring perfectly engineered software, an exhaustive tournament schedule, and cash-games & promotions to suit poker players of all types.
One of the fastest growing online poker sites worldwide, and a trusted name in online poker, 888 offers a comprehensive line-up of cash-games, satellites, tournaments and SNGs & rewards for players.
The top poker site on the iPoker network, Bet365 poker offers tables in Euro. The iPoker network brings 24/7 cashgames from micro-stakes to midstakes, plus tournaments, satellites and big Sunday poker tournaments.
Choosing a legal, safe and trusted online poker site or poker app to play on in Canada is relatively straight-forward.
Canada recently legalized sportsbetting and legal online poker is already in some provinces.
As of April 4, 2022, online poker operators that have completed AGCO’s registration process and have a signed operating agreement with iGaming Ontario can begin offering their regulated games and betting platforms to eligible Ontarians of legal age.
How to find a Trusted Canada online poker site
One could use a search engine to search for “Canada online poker” – but the chances are high you would end up on one of the many unregulated international poker sites which have been offering online poker services to Canadians while there were no legal alternatives available to Canadian citizens.
To guarantee you are playing poker on a Regulated Canadian poker site, generally you can look for a regulator logo.
In Ontario, for example, legal gambling companies must display the “iGaming Ontario” logo to show that the site is a site that is being conducted and managed by iGaming Ontario, offers player protections and meets Ontario’s high standards for game integrity and responsible gambling.
Which Poker Sites Can Canadians Legally Play Online?
- In April 2022, the first legal online poker site offering real-money poker to go live in Ontario was BetMGM. The platform is officially a branch of the PartyPoker US Network, which also includes the Borgata Poker skin in the US.
- On March 4th 2022 GGPoker‘s parent company NSUS labs received a license to offer real money gaming and online poker in Ontario via WSOP.ca.
Another trusted and established poker operators in the Canada market is 888 Poker.
List of Canada Poker Regulators
The AGCO is responsible for regulating Ontario’s alcohol, gaming and horse racing sectors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the most famous Canadian poker players?
Guy LaLiberté - who founded Cirque du Soleil in 1984., Evelyn Ng - Toronto poker player with over $400k in winnins and Daniel Negreanu (aka "Kid Poker) is the most accomplished Canadian poker player - with a career spanning 3 decades, and winnings of almost $50,000,000, and Mike "Timex" Mc Donald of Waterloo is one of the biggest crushers of live and online poker tournaments.